Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What does Mad World Mean Intro


I'm spit ballin' here but since I saw that there are no interpretations of the 1963 film, It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World that I know of I'm going to list some topics that I think you can interpret with the film and I want to elaborate later on when I have the time but here are my suggestions about the meaning of the film:
 

1. Mad World is about the history and conventions of comedy.
2. Mad World is about nihilism.
3. Mad World is a parody of... American Naturalistic novels, the ones written by John Steinbeck, William Faulkner, and Upton Sinclair.
4. Mad World is about the decline of Western Civilization.
5. Mad World is about life being one big cosmic joke.
6. Mad World parodies the American Dream and American Capitalism.
7. Mad World is about the decline of masculinity.
8. Mad World is connected to 2001: A Space Odyssey.
9. Mad World was reincarnated into the sitcom, Community.
10. Mad World is about lack of control.
11. Mad World is about violent urges.
12. Mad World is the 60s American comedy version of the Bible.

13. It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Mythology.
14. What does the Blues Brothers take from Mad World.
15.Mad World predicted the Simpsons.


No comments:

Post a Comment